"To follow a divine manifestation is the sure way to God-realization. One who knows God becomes the speaking voice of the silent God." ~ Paramahansa Yogananda..
01. Do not hope that your body will be free from illness. If you do not experience illness, you will be fallen to temptation in arrogance and thus act immorally. Therefore, the wise man says that you should think of your illnesses as good medicine to learn from.
02. Do not expect a life free from hardships. Without the experience of hardships, you will become arrogant and boastful. Therefore, the wise man says to gain wisdom from the obstacles of life.
03. Do not expect to learn self-discipline without any hardships. Without hardships. your learning will always be incomplete. Therefore, the wise man says to think of the obstacles as everyday occurrences.
04. There will always be people who will not cooperate with your plans. If there were not, you would not be able to learn. Therefore, the wise man says to befriend those who will be against you so that they may help you to learn.
05. Do not expect your plans to be fulfilled easily. if they are easily fulfilled, you will be prone to arrogance. Therefore, the wise man says to enjoy the overcoming of obstacles as learning experiences.
06. Do not befriend someone for your own interest only. If you do, you will only hurt yourself. Therefore, the wise man says to seek friends who may not always agree with you so that you may learn from them.
07. Do not expect others to always agree with you. If they do, you will always think that you are always right. Therefore, the wise man says to look to those who disagree with you so that you may learn from them and become wise.
08. Do not expect something in return for helping someone. If you expect something, then you will become prone to arrogance. Therefore, the wise man says to forget and to be satisfied only with the help that you have given.
09. Do not expect to gain more than you have contributed. If you gain more than you have put in, then you will have evil thoughts which will prevent your progress. Therefore, the wise man says to be satisfied with humble profits.
10. Do not always try to vindicate your feelings of victimization. If you try to vindicate yourself. you will have to put the blame on someone or something else. Therefore, the wise man says that through this experience, you can open the door of self-discipline.
A wise man is able to discipline himself by learning in spite of obstacles..