Adding lemon to water not only
quenches thirst better than any other beverage, but it also nourishes our body
with vitamins, minerals and trace elements which we absolutely need. Lemon with
water can be considered the best natural energy booster. When we wake up in the
morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out
toxins and rejuvenate the cells. In other words, this homemade “lemonade” helps
eliminate internal toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract
functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible.
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon..
01. Water with lemon provides the body
with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of
electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
02. Water with lemon is good for the
joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
03. Warm water with lemon helps
digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and
acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
04. The liver produces more enzymes
from water with lemon than from any other food.
05. Water with lemon cleanses the
liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
06. Water with Lemon helps fight
infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the
tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
07. Warm water with lemon helps
regulate natural bowel movement.
08. Water with lemon is indispensable
for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
09. Water with lemon aids in proper
functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the
blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure
sustainable signals to the heart.
10. Water with lemon cleanses blood,
blood vessels and arteries.
11. Water with lemon can help lower
blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by
12. Water with lemon creates an
alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal,
it can help your body maintain a higher level of ph. The higher the ph, the
more your body is able to fight diseases.
13. Water with lemon is good for the
skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking
water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your
14. Water with lemon helps to dilute
uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
15. Water with lemon is beneficial
for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an
adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore,
vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same
time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps
forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
16. Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
17. Water with lemon helps dissolve
gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
18. Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
19. Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
20. Water with lemon prevents cancer.
This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple
studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
How and when to drink water with
For this purpose, use warm purified
or spring water. Take half a Cup of warm water without sugar and squeeze in
there at least half of lemon or lime. Better to use a special juicer (to get
the most juice with minimal effort). You can also use lemon essential oil.
You need to drink water with lemon
first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some recommend a drink of water
one hour before meals for maximum results.
So, when life gives you a bunch of
lemons, make water with lemons.