Unless a person is on dialysis, the majority of people don’t wake up thinking about the health of their kidneys. The kidneys are extremely important because they filter and cleanse the blood.
According to the National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse, the kidneys “filter about 120 to 150 quarts of blood to produce about 1 to 2 quarts of urine, composed of wastes and extra fluid.” This is a process they do on their own, but if they are not functioning at 100%, the effects spill into other parts of the body. Symptoms such as acne, eczema, fatigue or even depression can rear their ugly heads. If you’ve been feeling tired, sluggish or really fatigued recently, this could be a result of kidney issues. Is this a concern that needs the attention of a doctor? To be safe, a doctor’s visit can’t hurt. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to remedy the feelings of fatigue. One of the easiest ways to remedy kidney functioning is by drinking kidney detox juices. There are plenty of different recipes, but detox juices commonly utilize fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs for maximum benefits. Here are a few different recipes to try and their benefits!
01: Recipe 1 - Watermelon & Lime..
- Watermelon is really popular during the summer. Why? Watermelon is over 90% water and it serves as an excellent cool-down treat during hot weather. Because watermelon is over 90% water, it also doubles as a great way to flush the kidneys of any toxins.
- Limes, known for their extremely tart taste, are very high in citric acid. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin’s Health Information Center found that citric acid is able to help people dealing with calcium kidney stones.
- The more citric acid is in the system, the lower the chances are of kidney stones forming!
- Blend two cups of watermelon along with the juice of one peeled lime. This mixture is a dynamic option to get the process of detoxification started.
02: Recipe 2 - Carrots, Cucumbers & Parsley..
- If there are serious kidney issues or a person is on dialysis, the National Kidney Foundation recommends avoiding foods with a high potassium level.
- Carrots are high in potassium, but are good for a tune-up or detox. If there aren’t any major symptoms of the disease, include carrots in the juicing process and mix them with cucumbers.
- Carrots and cucumbers are great for preventing a large amount of uric acid build-up. When the body is completely rid of unnecessary toxins, it is able to function properly.
- When dealing with kidney detoxification, it is unthinkable to mention parsley. Parsley is worth its weight in gold.
- Parsley contains chlorophyll, antioxidants, vitamins and beneficial enzymes.
- Parsley comes highly recommended by many health professionals because of its ability to dissolve kidney stones and clear up infections within the kidneys.
- Along with three large carrots and one large cucumber, add one ounce of parsley to a juicer. The detox juice may be a little strong because of the parsley, but keep drinking! Your kidneys will thank you!